Proof of residence must be provided for every student who plans to attend Ann Smith Elementary in the fall of 2013. Parents are asked to provide this information each year and to update other enrollment documents. As our school grows, this procedure will help maintain the Ann Smith Elementary boundaries set by the Madison County School District.
Residency information is requested by August 1, 2013. The more promptly you provide the information, the more efficiently classroom assignments may be made.
Bring your documentation to the office between the hours of 8:30 and 12:30 p.m. The office is open Monday through Friday. If you have questions, please call the school office at 601-856-6621.
If you own your home:
- You must submit one of the following: Filed Homestead Exemption, warranty or property deed.
- Also, you must provide two different current utility bills no earlier than the June/July 2013 billing. The bill should clearly show the street address and name shown on the mortgage documents. Any document with a post office box as an address will not be accepted.
If you lease your home:
- You must submit a current apartment lease or home lease. Note: All leases must be current and the name of every occupant must be listed on the lease.
- Also, you must provide two different current utility bills no earlier than the June/July 2013 billing. The bill should clearly show the street address and name shown on the lease. Any document with a post office box as an address will not be accepted.
New Student Registration
Students new to the Madison County School District must provide residency information as above. In addition, the following are required:
- A certified letter of guardianship, if enrolling a student as his/her legal guardian (ex. divorce, custody, etc.).
- A copy of the child's Social Security card.
- A certified Birth Certificate (no copies).
- A current certificate of health compliance (immunization form) issued by the Mississippi Department of Health or a local physician. The form must include two chicken pox vaccinations.
- Final report card from the latest school attended and a withdrawal form from the last school attended if the school year has not ended.
If applicable, verification of eligibility will be needed for the gifted/talented program or special education services (copy of IEP).
Home schooled/Non-accredited private school: Students will have to be administered a placement test prior to completion of enrollment. The school counselor will contact you to schedule a testing time, prior to the beginning of school.